Saturday 4 June 2011

SCHOOL IS SACRED



Students writing the National Secondary School examination in Kenya.















There is none other like mother,
the first teacher of life.
And when mother is no match,
to growing restless bundles,
she took you to school.
for school is sacred.

Salute to the first teacher,
who saw raw innocence in me,
and believed in me,
even when I didnt know it mattered.

When I grow old,
I want to be a.......
In school I learnt values,
that humanity is divine.

Does school make community?
Or community makes school?
If our city is unsafe,
do we go to school,
and look for answers?

Who teaches violence,
so rife in school.
When does innocence end?
Lets querry on these,
for school can make the world,
a better place to live.
For school is sacred.

No comments:

Post a Comment