Monday 9 January 2012

Changes in my blog.










Dear friends,for the time that I have been posting on this platform, I have always used the title of `The Educator`.I chose that title with a very broad understanding of the word Educator.I consider the process of learning and teaching to be much more than the scope of  classroom walls.For example the power of the mass media in education cannot be ignored.

Having said that, I am aware of some people who consider the process of learning as strictly what takes place in the classroom interaction between teachers and their students.I am personally a trained teacher and would comfortably fit in such a desciption.My worry is that if I allowed this definition of Educator to carry the day, there are so many other people who will not think that they can find anything useful from my blog.....they may not be educators themselves in the traditional sense of the word.

To consider such friends, I have decided to change the name of my blog to `SammyFrank`.That is simply my name...nay, my pen-nname.I want to be free to tackle the real issues that affect the community that I live in.I want to enjoy the freedom of being let to think without being enclosed in any stereotyped box.

I am going to focus much more on issues of governance.I want to study and understand Africa.I know there is a better tommorrow for this continent.

Welcome.

Sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment